Pre-sales involves giving detailed information about technical specifications and the ways in which they could meet a customer's needs. This often includes demonstrating those features before a sale.
In some cases it also involves responding to a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) and then, if short listed, replying request for information (RFI) to tender document.
The role requires significant interaction with clients, which may be face-to-face or over the telephone. Tasks are varied and include:
- understanding customers' diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs;
- ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers' systems and processes and then documenting them;
- cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings;
- identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls;
- preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently;
- marketing and promoting a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and through attending industry events;
- maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing software and hardware systems and peripherals;
- developing effective sales plans using sales methodology;
- meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets
- networking with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades;
- responding to tender documents, writing proposals, costing, reports and supporting literature;
- managing workload in order to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals;
- contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
Pre-Sales Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2-3 year experience doing per-sales in ICT, Energy Level, Self-Motivated, Self-Development, Motivation, Verbal Communication, Handles Pressure, Self-Confidence, Business Knowledge, Meeting Proposal Dateline.